Wednesday, January 13, 2010

I am thinking of having nail extensions for the first time?

what are the best ones to go for and will it be practical as i have 5 kids i dont want them to fall off two days after having them on?I am thinking of having nail extensions for the first time?
I had them for the first time last Christmas. I had the gel ones, they build up a layer of gel and then it hardens like a nail and they paint it, i chose french manicure style.





If you don't have them TOO long you should manage with the children because my son was only eight months when i got them and nappies and everything were fine you get used to them.





The only thing i would say that like other people have mentioned, they need refilling every 2-3 weeks which can be expensive and I also found that the ends start to look a bit grotty so personally, i'd definately have them done again, but i'm keeping it as a treat for special occasions rather than having them all the time.





Hope your look good and you enjoy having them xI am thinking of having nail extensions for the first time?
Positive:Acrylic nails are fine, mine did not come off untill i removed them weeks later. And you can get any length so they can be practical and loads of nail art to make them look great.





Disadvantages: I would say that they made my nails so thin, like paper, really weak so just bear that in mind. Also they need to be refilled every couple of weeks so it can be quite expensive.





Hope this helps, but yeh, you should definately treat yourself!!
go for toenail extension's to be truly original, then get those flip flops on.
I have heard they are good, but be prepared for your nails to be ruined underneath when they come off. They will last, if you get acrylics, you have to keep having them touched up every two weeks.
Be sure the shop that does it is clean! I love the look of nice nails on a woman, but if it gets infected that will defeat the purpose. Be sure of the shop reputation.
Why?





It that's you in your avatar, I assure you, no one will be looking at the tips of your fingers.
dont let them ruff up your own nails , it's not worth it .
I have acrylics and I absolutely love them. Ive had them for years....the great thing is YOU can decide how long or short you want them. The upkeep is cheap...I pay $20.00 every two weeks to have them done and that includes an airbrush design too. Just make sure that where you get them done is clean and sanitary. good luck to you hon! enjoy your new nails!
In my opinion, they are a waste of money, that money should go to your kids college fund. And when the nails come off, they completely damage the nail bed from the horrible glue that they use. I say don't do it, just get a regular manicure, with 5 kids, a few will definitely pop off and you will be wasting more money to get a fill. Its not worth it.
5 kids and you have given up on your housework.
I had nail extensions done and they are honestly more trouble than they're worth. To keep them looking nice you need to have then re-filled at least once every two weeks. If you don't they start to peel and chip and you get things caught underneath them and they just look scabby. The pain when you catch one or accidentally bend it back is unbearable! When you have them taken off to have new ones put on, the pain in unbearable also! And to top it all, it completely ruins your nails underneath which feel so thin and brittle afterwards and take months to get back to their original condition. Theyre expesnive to. I know 拢20 every couple fo weeks deosn't sound that much but that at least 拢40 a month - imagine what you could be spening it on instead of a bit of plastic at the end of your finger!! With 5 kids I'm sure you have better things to spend that money on!
Fake nails do look nice. But you will end up having to have them done every week which is a pain in the bum. and they can rip off. But even worse, after you have them and you take them off....your nail is really ruined!!!!!!!!!!! I buy sally hanson nails and do them myself if i go somewhere and want to look really good for the everning. its cheaper and they dont ruin your nails.
The best ';make'; of nail extensions are called Creative. They last for ages and look fantastic (if applied by a good technician!)





I loved my extensions, but have left them off for a while as I play netball and aint allowed them on! Boo Hoo!!!





By the way - I love your picture - it is a blast from the past - I used to loveShe-ra as a kid!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment